Wednesday 25 April 2012

Printing thoughts

Thinking more and more about doing my own printing, I do like to be in control!  I almost signed up for a screen printing course at the weekend.  While researching this I came across thermal screen printing, very similar to screen printing but much more simple and cheaper.  I have found a few companies that I can email my designs too and they will turn them into a screen ready for printing. I've done the two small designs shown that I think will work well as greeting cards.  The originals are in black and white.


Really it is a test to see if it works, if it is a success then I can get bigger screens done. Also printing on lovely textured paper or fabric could be interesting.  I did screen printing at Art college many moons ago so I am really looking forward to having a go on a small scale again.




Other work finished this week was this illustration based around the London postcode map.  I did all the postcodes first (a fine feat for someone with mild dyslexia, many mistakes made!) It looked really like a patchwork when I had finished, so I decided to add the words, "London is my patchwork quilt that keeps me always warm inside" around the edge.  I'm rather pleased with it.  I didn't have a plan when I started it, so it evolved naturally which I like.

No comments: