Tuesday 10 April 2012

Printing pour vous



I had a little play around with some printing yesterday.  I started the day investigating printing prices for greeting cards.  Quite costly as you really have to go for a bulk buy to get better value.  Anyway its something to think about.  I would love to be able to do my own printing as in a woodcut, linocut or screen print.  I you tubed techniques and came across fantastic videos showing easy ways to do prints from home.  Anyway had a quick go with some hobby foam sheets cut and stuck onto a block of wood.  Pretty basic but could be interesting



 I finally got more of my prints up for sale on my Etsy Shop - hooray!.  I spent all of Saturday photographing them, an improvement!   They are not the best pics ever taken but they are the best I can do at this moment.  I found an Ikea frame in the loft and by putting the prints in the frame, photographing them, this has made all the difference.  Also my first sale, ok its from a dear friend but a wonderful feeling anyway.  I did the design for her originally as she requested a Hare.



Oh and I joined Pinterest, love it!  On line pin board, what a marvelous idea.  Why didn't I think of that!!

No comments: