Tuesday 7 February 2012

Rabbit on its way




Rabbit illustration now in progress.  I was so pleased with the Fox illustration.  I had such a fantastic and positive reaction from everyone.  Brought tears to my eyes when I read some of the lovely comments that people had made on facebook.  Prints of them are the next step, research is needed!

Researching the animals and all the folklore is great.So much folklore surrounding the rabbit.  I couldn't fit in all of the amazing stories.  This one is lovely from Mexico.  It is said that the markings on the moon are of a rabbit.  The Aztec god Quetzalcoatl, was living on the earth as a man.  After a long journey he becomes hungry and tired.  With no food or water around he is in despair.  A rabbit nearby offers herself as food to save his life.  Quetazalcoatl is so moved by the rabbits offering of life that he elevates her to the moon and back.  "You may be a rabbit but everyone will remember you - there is your image in light for all people and for all time".

I'm going to have a look at the next full moon for that rabbit.






No comments: